contact us

5 Egg Nutrition Facts You Should Know About

Eggs are nutritionally super food as it has almost every nutrient your body requires. Be it protein or immunity, an egg can give you everything. This is why eggs are a must in daily breakfasts in many homes. 

So if you are planning to include eggs in your diet, here are the top 5 egg nutrition facts you must know.

Eggs For Skin Health

Eggs with their high protein content, as well as lutein and multivitamins, prove to be the superfood for your skin. Eggs provide complete nourishment to the skin as lutein present in egg boosts the hydration and elasticity of the skin. For a bright and youthful skin, eggs are a great choice. Apart from this, the protein content in eggs facilitates skin repair and builds firmness of skin tissues. If you are looking for smooth and wrinkle-free skin, start adding eggs to your diet

Muscle-building Food

When it is about nutrition in eggs, people generally mean protein-rich food and for good reason. Eggs are a superior source of protein that helps to build muscle post-strenuous-workout sessions. A snack made of boiled egg is a great choice of meal if you are planning to put on lean muscle mass. Although many people throw away the egg yolk and consume only the egg white post-workout session, studies found that egg yolks also contain protein along with other essential nutrients. 

Nutrient-dense Food

Eggs are a rich source of a number of vitamins in addition to 6 grams of protein. Eggs contain Vitamin A, E, K, B12, riboflavin, and folic acid. Hard-boiled eggs are perfect for fast muscle recovery and building minerals such as calcium and zinc.

Eating one egg is equal to 78 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat along with various nutrients that are important for health. To give you a clear picture let us break down the whole egg white nutrition facts as well as egg yolk nutrition facts:

Egg whites have fewer calories with no fat. It contains:

  • 4 grams of protein
  • 55 milligrams of sodium
  • 1.3 micrograms of folate
  • 6.6 micrograms of selenium
  • 2.3 milligrams of calcium
  • 3.6 milligrams of magnesium
  • 4.9 milligrams of phosphorus‌
  • 53.8 milligrams of potassium

On the other hand, egg yolk contains 

  • 55 calories
  • 2.70 g of protein
  • 4.51 g of fat
  • 184 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol
  • 0.61 g of carbohydrate
  • 0.10 g of sugar
  • 0 g of dietary fiber
  • essential minerals, including: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc

Immunity Boosting Food

One of the best things about eating a whole egg is to strengthen one’s immune system. The presence of vitamin A, vitamin B-12, and selenium in eggs are key to keeping the immune system healthy. This is why most of the time doctors recommend eating eggs when one is going through a recovery phase after suffering from any illness. 

Does Egg Contain Bad Cholesterol?

Cholesterol occurs naturally in the blood. The body needs it to build healthy cells, and make vitamin D, hormones, and fat-dissolving acids. The liver and intestines make about 80% of the cholesterol present inside your body. The remaining 20% comes from food sources. This is why one’s diet and lifestyle changes can keep the cholesterol level in control. 

Since egg yolks contain 186 milligrams of cholesterol, it is important to eat eggs in moderation to keep the cholesterol level in check. 

Most people can have one full egg a day without any risk of cardiac problems or stroke. But people belonging to the “at-risk” group should eat no more than three full eggs per week. If you want to cut the cholesterol, you can simply take egg whites which have protein instead of eating whole eggs.

Bottom Line:

Eating eggs is not unhealthy. You only need to understand your body’s requirements before adjusting the number of eggs you should intake per week. For a better understanding, see a dietician.

Want to learn more about such health topics? Albia Biocare is there to spread the awareness for better lifestyles and health conditions for all. If you are looking for a franchise opportunity, talk to Albia Biocare, one of the leading PCD Pharma companies in Chandigarh.

Get in touch with us today!

Was this article helpful?

Leave a Reply

Request a call back